Friday, August 7, 2009

My Bookclub with myself


So didn't you know? Ya, I am in a book club and the members are: me! I like to pretend. Really, I just am always looking for good books and like to talk about books, but no one else seems to care or be reading anything but Twilight....for the 5th time. So here is my post for my imaginary friends in my book club and we are reading THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak. This book so far is so good! It is a Holocaust book and I like those, not because I like to be depressed or because I like to reflect deeply on my blessings, but I just like them okay? So it is different than any other book I have read about WWII. Just a little spoiler alert though, don't read the inside part that tells the plot summary. I was looking for the copy wright and accidentally read this and it gave away something that I didn't want to know yet and was still trying to figure out on my own! (Unless I am stupid and everyone else already figures this out, but to me it was a real 6th Sense 'He's a ghost!' spoiler!) This will make no sense to any of you, oh unless you are in my book club:) So if you dropped your Twilight books in the bathtub or something, read this while they are drying out or something! I will give you a teaser of it. I hate reading the back of books and learning what the story is about, I like to just read it. But how will I know if I like it then? I read the first page instead. This doesn't give anything away really, and it let's me know if I will enjoy reading the book for the most part, so here you go:

DEATH AND CHOCOLATE
First the colors.
Then the humans.
That's usually how I see things.
Or at least, how I try.
***Here is a small fact. You are going to die.***

Cheery, right? I know!

1 comment:

Stephanie Cameron said...

I really want to be in your book club... but don't think I can read this one knowing it is a Holocaust book. There are some things I just can't ever get over. One was going to the Holocaust museum in Texas with my Jewish 6th grade teacher. Nope...some sadness I need to shield my brain from.