New Year's Eve we went and saw Sherlock Holmes and to Rodizio Grill. Good Times. 01/01/10 I took the kids to Classic Fun Center with friends, didn't make it to the gym. Day two of the new year and no gym yet either. But one of my resolutions is to go to the gym or do some exercise somewhere, 6 days a week. This is my favorite time of year and I feel full of possibilities!
"Goals (Desires) need to be realistic, something you are not currently achieving and something that will require a certain amount of mental exertion. You need to realize that the desire may not be easy to achieve, but you must maintain faith that if you make a determined effort that a way will be prepared for your goals to be accomplished. YOUR SUCCESS IN ACHIEVING THE GOAL WILL BE IN DIRECT PROPORTION TO YOUR FAITH AND EFFORTS, NOT YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES." ~Grant Von Harrison, author of Drawing on the powers of Heaven
"It is most appropriate for you to quietly, and with determination, set some serious personal goals in which you will seek to improve by selecting certain things that you will accomplish within a specific period of time. EVEN IF YOU ARE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, IF YOU ARE WITHOUT MOMENTUM YOU WILL HAVE TOO LITTLE INFLUENCE." ~Spencer W. Kimball
"To a great extent we accomplish what we think about. In other words, what you think about today, tomorrow, or next month will mold your attitude and determine what you will accomplish during your life. Your life is influenced more by your own thoughts than anything else." !Gran Von Harrison
"How could a person possibly become what he is not thinking? Nor is any thought, when persistently entertained, too small to have its effect. The 'divinity that shapes our ends' is indeed in ourselves." ~S.W. Kimball
Fairy Tales can come true, but it's all up to you! ~The Princess and the Frog
My Top 5 New Years Desires/Goals:
1. To be healthy physically. Eat healthier, and exercise 6 x's a week. To lose 50 pounds.
2. My Mary Kay Income to be 2500 a month. Be able to pay our bills monthly, pay a full tithe this year, and pay off credit card debt.
3. To be a Director with Mary Kay, work my business daily and see 30 faces a month and share the business opportunity at every appointment.
4. Increase my faith and spirituality. Go to the temple, have family prayer and scripture study. Have Family Home Evening. Magnify my calling in Young Women by praying every day, reading the Book of Mormon for 5 minutes a day, smiling, influencing one young woman for good each week, earn my Young Women Recognition Medallion.
5. Get mentally healthy. This will greatly improve my marriage and my ability as a mother, and as a person. Significantly reducing stress, anger, exhaustion, etc. etc. I am still working out the specifics of this one...