Thursday, August 19, 2010

Greek Pasta Salad


This is what I made for dinner tonight:
Orzo pasta (or whatever you have, I used mini wheels)
Bunch of fresh Spinach
Olives (I used an assortment of greek and green, just go to the olive bar at Harmons and load up on whatever!)
Artichoke hearts (I used 1 can non-marinated)
1/2 Red Pepper chopped
1/2 Green Bell pepper chopped
1/2 orange pepper chopped
1 cucumber chopped
Sundried tomatoes (Or you could use cherry tomatoes)
You can add red onion or broccolli or any vegetable you want, but I stopped here
Feta Cheese
about a cup cubed cooked chicken
Dressing:
1/2 cup EVOO (Extra-virgin Olive Oil)
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
1 TB balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic minced
Then I used a handful of "Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning" but you could do 1 tsp garlic powder, dill weed, oregano, etc. Marinate at least an hour.

No comments: