Monday, December 14, 2009
Recipe of the moment
On Saturday night we went to Macaroni Grill with some friends (Thanks for the 50% discount!) I always get the Chicken Scallopine and I absolutely LOVE it!! So here is the copy cat recipe: ( BTW it is SO not figure friendly!!)
SERVES 8 -10
* 4 ounces lemon juice
* 2 ounces white wine
* 4 ounces heavy cream
* 1 lb butter
* 6 (3-4 ounce) chicken breasts, pounded thin
* oil, for sauteing chicken
* butter, for sauteing chicken
* 1/2-3/4 cup flour, seasoned with
* salt and pepper, for dredging
* 6 ounces pancetta, cooked
* 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
* 12 ounces artichoke hearts, sliced
* 1 tablespoon capers
* 1 lb capellini, cooked
* chopped parsley, for garnish
1.To make the sauce: Heat the lemon juice and white wine in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce by one-third.
3.Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens (3-4 minutes).
4. Slowly add butter until completely incorporated.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove from heat and keep warm.
7. Cook pasta and drain.
8. Heat a small amount of oil and two tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
9. Dredge chicken in flour and saute in pan, turning once, until brown and cooked through.
10. Remove chicken from pan and add to pan remaining ingredients.
11. Heat until mushrooms soften and are cooked; add chicken back to pan.
12. Place cooked pasta on each plate.
13. Add half of butter sauce to chicken mixture and toss.
14. Taste and adjust, adding more sauce if needed.
15. Place chicken mixture over pasta.
16. Garnish with parsley.
17. Alternately, mix pasta and chicken mixture together.
18. Toss with butter sauce.
There goes my diet....but YUM-MO!